Numbers only tell part of the story. This is a people business. We do our best to know and understand our clients, solve their problems and help them move the meter a bit.
Brian Franklin, the leader of Weinstein Spira’s audit practice, combines a far-ranging field of expertise with a flair for business. Starting during his years in the commercial audit division of Arthur Andersen LLP where he acquired a solid knowledge of manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, distribution and oil field services, Brian has developed a keen understanding of complex business issues and the specific challenges of each industry. He is as comfortable taking a company public as he is advising a business owner on compensation structures, as able to relate to MIT graduates at an engineering firm as he is to blue collar employees at a manufacturing facility.
Diplomatic, flexible and highly analytical, Brian loves to synthesize large amounts of information into workable solutions that benefit his clients. He actively participates in all aspects of the firm’s business, from recruiting and administration to marketing and production.
Brian joined Weinstein Spira as a shareholder in 2002. He and his wife, Janet, are the pets and guardians of Jack Russell Terriers Zin and Savvy. Brian is part owner of Deerfield Ranch Winery and is a Certified Specialist in Wine. He also owns three scaled replicas of 19th century cannons in perfect working order.
- Houston Area Model United Nations, Treasurer
- Goodwill Industries of Houston Business Advisory Council, Past Chairman & Board of Trustees member
- Periwinkle Foundation, Treasurer & Board Member
- Lamar University Accounting Advisory Board, Chairman & Board Member
- AGN International, International Board Member & Vice Chairman
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- BBA in Accounting from the Lamar University
713.622.7000 Pay Now Client Login